Sunday, March 16, 2008

New Lens

Well I got a couple new lenses this week for the camera. I had a lens in mind but I talked to a guy at Ritz cameras and he persuaded me otherwise. I didn't really end up taking his advice either. I originally wanted a 18-200mm Nikon VR lens but I ended up getting the Sigma 10-20mm and the Nikon 50mm 1.8. The 50mm lens seems to work very nice. The first 3 pictures below were taken with this lens, at $110 this is a great value lens. I have been messing around with still shots and I have a lot to learn. You can see my attempt in the first picture below. The 1.8 is nice for shooting indoors, the 2nd and third pictures were taken without a flash. That third picture I was messing around in gimp for an effect that I have seen on dpchallenge. The 10-20 lens is great for landscape type shots. I am most excited about this lens as it opens up some possibilities that weren't available with my old lenses. You can see that it has a fish eye effect, the last shot in the series is using this lens adapted from a tutorial I found on dpchallenge. Kind of a different look but I kind of like it. ~Erik

1 comment:

BanAnnalise said...

Hey Erik!
I know you said that you got your lenses at B&H - is that where you got your camera also? I'm checking out the site and comparing around. Everywhere else I see that the Lithium-ion Rechargeable Battery,
Quick Charger, Audio/Video Cable are included, but I don't see any info like that at B&H...did you get that stuff? Also I was looking at another site and I saw that for another couple hundred dollars they would throw in the: "70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED AF-S
VR Zoom-NIKKOR Lens with optical image stabilization" whew, that was long. How are those lenses? Is it worth it? But I did check out the 18 - 200mm VR lens and it is amazing. Thanks for your words of wisdom!